I recently browsed the Web for a few ribs recipes so I could get a handle on the essential elements. This recipe incorporates the key information for barbecuing ribs, and on Fourth of July, 2010, the entire family verified that this works very well.
Family Rating: *****
Serves 6 adults
- 2 pounds of ribs
- Maul’s (or your favorite) barbecue sauce
- Pepper and garlic salt
- Rub ribs with reasonable amount of garlic salt and pepper. (If you remember, do this a day in advance, but this isn’t critical.)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees, and roast ribs in large shallow metal baking pan for two hours, turning once after the first hour.
- About 15 minutes before the ribs will be done, fire up the barbecue to medium heat.
- After roasting the ribs in the oven, remove from the oven, transfer to a cooler pan for easy handling, and baste the underside of the ribs with barbecue sauce. (Or, as we say, “Maul them.”)
- Place the ribs on the grill, basted side down, and generously baste the other side. Grill for about 15 minutes and turn ribs over
- Grill for 10 more minutes and turn ribs again. Baste the meaty side one more time, and continue grilling for five minutes.
- Serve, or turn off grill and allow ribs to remain for a few minutes while the table is served.